Black Friday 2017 SALE: 30% OFF mSpy Premium, 20% OFF mSpy Basic & 10% OFF mSpy Bundle. Click here…
Do all features that mSpy has really work well? In order to prove whether the mSpy works, today I bought the application and try it on my android phone.
I wrote the mSpy complete review in 3000 words
What is mSpy?
The mSpy is an application to track any phone activities with no hassle. The recorded activities are phone calls, SMS, email, GPS location and internet browsing on the Smartphone. You can keep record on those activities via webpage on the mspyonline.com.
The mSpy can be used to monitor your children, spouses, and your employees as well.
This review’s purpose is to test all features that are given by mSpy as mentioned on their website. The review that I write is based on the facts and my personal experiences of using the mSpy application.
Purchasing the mSpy apps
DEALS: 10% OFF mSpy. (Save up to $20 for mSpy Premium 12 months subscription).
In order to test the features of mSpy and thus prove that the mSpy works well, I purchased mSpy with 1 month Premium Subscription by using mSpy Coupon and get 10% OFF Discount.
After a few minutes, I got an email containing Payment Proof and mSpy Online login account.
Setting-up The Device & Installing mSpy
You need to login to the mSpy online Control Panel to get the download link of the mSpy apps and also to get the registration code in order to activate the mSpy that will be installed on the Android Smartphone.
You can access Control Panel mSpy Online here: https://cp.mspyonline.com/login.html
mSpy setup Wizard
If you log in to the mSpy control panel for the first time, you will need to first add new device.
Choose Android and then click Proceed. You will then be brought to the page of “Setup your device”.
How to Install mSpy on Target Phone?
Make sure that you have physical access to the target’s phone and Android has been rooted *.
mSpy can be installed even without rooting. But to get most of mSpy you will need to also root the target phone. Rooting is required for the following features: Whatsapp, Viber, Facebook, Skype, Line, Snapchat and Gmail.
If the phone is not rooted, you will be able to monitor such features: Contacts, Call logs, Text messages, GPS location, Photos, Videos, Web history and Keystrokes.
My android Smartphone specifications:
– Lenovo IdeaTab A3000-H
– Android OS 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).
On Setup your device page you will find guides on how to install the mSpy apps to your Android Smartphone. The guides are clear & easy to follow and they also contain screenshots in order to make it easy for anyone even for a newbie.
1. Allow Unknown Source. Before start installing, make sure that you set it from Settings → Security there is a check mark next to Unknown Sources.
2. Download mSpy Apk File. The download link is available on the mSpy control panel online webpage.
3. Open and Install. After the download process is finished, press the file a.apk and follow the instruction just the same as when you install other android apps.
4. Launch App. After finished installing click launch App. Click continue and Accept mSpy and User License Agreement.
5. Select purpose monitoring. Monitoring of Employees, Monitoring of Minor Children and Other Monitoring Purpose. I chose Monitoring of Minor Children and uncheck Show mSpy icon on device.
6. Allow Root Access. Activate device administrator and then a notification will appear asking for root access.
7. Input Registration Code.You can get the registration code on the mSpy control panel online webpage. Click Proceed. Enter your registration code into the field below:
8. Finish.Congratulations! mSpy has been successfully installed. Click Finish and perform a full reboot of the device. Adding target phone number (optional).
Note: It might take up to 20 min for the first logs to appear in your Control Panel.
mSpy Features Test & Review
After the mSpy application has been installed on the Android Smartphone, it is time for testing the features that the mSpy has. The complete features of the mSpy: http://www.mspy.com/features.html
1. Device Management:
On the dashboard page there are three options of Synchronization method, namely: Don’t Sync, Wi-Fi Only, All Connections. Make sure you choose All Connections.
For the first time after the mSpy is active, make sure you set everything on the Device Management page.
i. Phone Management.
Phone Information has functions of displaying:
- Battery Stats. Percentage of Battery condition
- Root. Android state whether it has been rooted or not
- mSpy Version. The mSpy version that is used
- Last Updated time. Shows the last time data logs were uploaded (sync) to the Control Panel.
- Phone name and Phone Number. This is optional. You can fill it with the number of the target or leave it blank. Neither will affect the mSpy performance.
- Platform. The Android version that is used on the Smartphone
- Internal Memory and SD Memory. It displays the percentage of both used and free space on the internal memory and the SD Memory
- Operator name. Tells you what cellular service provider used.
- Phone Model. It displays the name and model of the Smartphone.
Conclusion: All the phone information provided is correct and valid.
Wipe Phone. It has function of deleting all the phone data via the Control Panel. This is useful if your phone is lost or stolen.
Stop App, functions as to prevent the app from running on the target phone. You will be able to unblock it by sending an undetectable SMS.
Undetectable SMS. To restart application you can send SMS with text “777” without quotes from any number. The SMS is invincible (if default SMS manager is used on target phone). After receiving SMS, app will wake up and you will be able to see it in your panel.
Unlink Current Device, functions to stop monitoring of the phone. This feature is usually used when you want to switch to other phones.
Clear Logs, to delete all recorded logs on the mSpy control Panel.
Export Logs. You can download and save logs to your computer in form of PDF, XLS or CSV.
Reboot, functions to reboot the android phone via mSpy Control Panel. I tried this feature and works smoothly. In a few minutes the android phone will be automatically rebooted.
Conclusion: All of the above features work well. For the Wipe Phone feature, I did not try it since it would delete all the data on my phone.
ii. Phone Settings
Make sure you check the option Auto Update, so that all information and logs from target’s phone will be recorded automatically on the mSpy Control Panel.
With the Phone Setting feature, you can control the update interval of both data and location. In this test I set the update interval to 1 minute so that the information will be more quickly uploaded to the mSpy Control Panel.
mSpy Best Setting for Save Battery Usage and the Internet Bills.
- Update Interval Time. Set Update Interval 60 minutes and 30 minutes for location update interval.
- Sync Wifi Only. Change the Synchronization method for Photos and Videos features to Wi-Fi only.
- Turn off the GPS Satelites. If the target device is rooted you can enter Settings -> Location services and turn off the Use GPS satellites. At the same time don’t forget to open Locations page on your mSpy account and check the Force GPS option ON in the upper right corner of the screen. mSpy will automatically turn the GPS when it is needed to fetch the location.
iii. Block Websites and Restrict Incoming Calls
- Block Websites. This feature is used for limiting user so that he/she cannot access particular websites.
- Restrict Incoming Calls, functions as to reject calls made from specified number.
- Block Phone by Time, functions as to block the phone in certain period of time.
Conclusion: All the features work well.
2. Contacts and Calendar.
All of the saved contacts list on the android phone will be automatically uploaded to the mSpy Control Panel. I also tried to add one contact name on the phone and after a few minutes the contact was also uploaded. In addition, all of the events on the calendar was also uploaded to the mSpy Control Panel.
3. Manage Call.
In this particular test, I tried to call the phone using other phone and vice versa. The voice record of both incoming and outgoing calls was all recorded by the mSpy.
The old Call Logs is not deleted. I deleted all the call logs on the phone and made new call. From the test, the previously saved call logs on the mSpy control panel were not deleted. The new incoming and outgoing calls are automatically added to the mSpy Call Logs.
Restrict Incoming Calls
I added new phone number to the Restricted phone numbers, then tried to make a call to Lenovo A3000 (the Target’s Phone) and the call was automatically rejected.
4. Track text messages
The mSpy records all incoming & outgoing SMS. It will then be displayed on 4 columns containing information of SMS type (incoming or outgoing), name (in accordance with contact name), the content of the messages and the time of delivery.
I performed a test by deleting some messages on the android phone and then resent new messages from different phone. The result is that the new incoming message on the phone was recorded on the mSpy Control Panel and the deleted messages were still available on the mSpy Control Panel.
5. Read emails ( Incoming / Outgoing Emails).
The feature is used for recording all incoming and outgoing email on the phone. The mSpy, however, only supports Gmail for Android and Mail App for iOS and does not support other email applications.
All email from the Gmail accounts are kept on the mSpy Control Panel and it is exactly the same as the ones on the android phone. However, email that used stock email clients applications cannot be read.
6. Track GPS Location
Current GPS Location
This feature is used to know the coordinate location of the phone and display it on the Google Map. To get more accurate result, make sure the GPS Satellites setting on the android phone has been activated.
Open Settings -> Locations and security (or similar with “Location”) -> make sure that “Use GPS satellites” and “Use wireless networks” are checked. It’s best to reboot (turn off/turn on) the target device to make sure that effects were applied.
Force GPS feature. If GPS is disabled on the device, this feature will enable GPS for a short period of time that’s sufficient for identifying the location of the target device. Once the location has been detected, GPS will be automatically turned back off again. Warning! If the GPS coverage drops out, location identification results will be approximate.
Auto Turn On GPS Every N Minutes. mSpy can auto turn on Android GPS every N minutes for updating target phone location.
I compared the coordinate that was displayed on the mSpy Control Panel with the one shown on the Google Map. The result shows that both the location and the coordinate are the same which means that the mSpy is accurate.
It is a feature for getting notification via email if the target’s android phone enter forbidden area or go far beyond permitted territories. The feature is useful to monitor your children if they are approaching area that you forbid them to go or even go outside from permitted area, your house for example.
7. Browsing History and Website Bookmarks
The feature is useful for noting all previously visited websites as well as all bookmarked websites. Nevertheless, the feature can only work on the Stock Android Browser.
I tried browsing using the Google Chrome, Opera and Dolphin Browser. The result shows that the browsing history is not recorded on the mSpy Control Panel. There are no browser history found.
8. Blocking Websites
This feature is used to put limitation on your children internet access so that they cannot access improper sites like p*rn sites. The feature can work both on the Stock Android browser and also Google Chrome.
I added facebook.com onto the Blocked Websites form and tried to access the website using Chrome on the Android phone. When the facebook page was being opened, it then was redirected to an empty page of about:blank. It’s Work.
However, if I used other browser like Opera or Dolphin then the website is not blocked.
9. Read Instant Messages.
There are some supported instant messaging applications by the mSpy. They are: Skype, Facebook, WhatssApp, Viber and Snapchat.
Update: mSpy support Line, Telegram, Tinder, Hangouts
I did not try the Viber and Snapchat because I don’t have the account.
Facebook Tracking. The feature records incoming and outgoing messages from the Facebook Messenger application.
Keylogger will record all typed letters and numbers by mobile phone users.
It’s only works for mSpy Default Keyboard and doesn’t support other keyboard application, like the Swiftkey. Default Keyboard here does not mean the stock android keyboard but this is a keyboard installed by mSpy.
But, you can change android keyboard to mSpy default keyboard from Control Panel with using Force Keyboard Button.
11. Installed Applications & Application blocking
All (more than 50) installed applications on the Android phone are displayed on the mSpy Control panel page with three columns, namely: Application Name, Version, and Block app.
To block any application is quite easy. You just need to look for which application you want to block and press the Block button.
In this test I tried to block the WhatsApp application then I tried to run the WhatsApp application on the Android, and the displayed page is blank and black.
12. Photo and Video Files
All the latest photos and videos are automatically uploaded onto the mSpy Control Panel.
Help and Support.
The mSpy offers four choices of help and support (24/7):
- Email (Basic and Premium)
- Live Chat (Premium Only)
- Phone support. It is personalized customer assistance in addition to the standard mSpy support for only $12.99. It includes access to Phone support, main features set up, step by step guidance with installation procedure.
- mAssistance. mAssistance is the service that allows us to install mSpy on the target device remotely* using TeamViewer, for $37.99 only! It also includes mSpy Desktop installation and advanced setup of all features; rooting/jailbreak assistance.
I tried to contact the support team via the live chat services to ask about the browsing history cannot be recorded problem. Based on my experience, I think it is safe to conclude that the service of the Help and support team is fast response.
Invincible and Undetectable
Some of you may ask this question: How well hidden is this software?
Here are the answers:
– mSpy icon doesn’t show up on the launcher application
– mSpy is not detected on the app manager. mSpy uses the icon and name that don’t contain mSpy so that the user cannot possibly know which running application is the mSpy application.
So, you don’t need to worry that your children or your employees will notice the mSpy application.
Keyword Alert. When mSpy detects the keyword (e.g. pregnant, porn, sexual assault, violence etc.) typed in a web address, text message, email, instant messenger or elsewhere, an alert is reported & e-mailed to you.
Uninstall Alert. Receiving & viewing detailed information on how mSpy application was deleted from the target phone completely (or partially damaged), why & at what circumstances it happened.
– mSpy With Jailbreak: Compatible with iOS 6 – 8.1.2
– mSpy Without Jailbreak: Compatible with all iOS versions.
– The target device must be running Android 4+
For more information, please visit: http://www.mspy.com/compatibility.html
Table of Test Result.
|Feature||Does It Work?||Note|
|Incoming Calls Restriction||Yes|
|Track text messages||Yes|
|Read email||Yes||Gmail for Android and Mail App for iOS|
|Current GPS Location||Yes||Accurate|
|Geo-Fencing||Yes||Get alert by email|
|Browsing History||Yes||Only work on Stock Android Browser|
|Website Bookmarks||–||No menu link on mSpy Control Panel|
|Blocking Websites||Yes||Only work on Default Browser and Chrome|
|Wifi Network Coordinates||Yes||Accurate|
|iMessage||–||I test on android, it only for IOS|
|Yes||Record facebook messengers|
|Keylogger||Yes||Only works for mSpy Default Keyboard|
|Device Wipe Phone||–||Not tested|
|Stop mSpy Tracking||Yes|
|Device Locking||–||Unavailable on the mSpy Control Panel menu|
|Additional device info||Yes||Accurate|
|Undetectable||Yes||Invincible from launcher and app manager|
– Browsing History and Bookmark only works for stock android browser.
– Blocking Website only works for default android browser and Chrome.
– From the test result, all the feature promised by the mSpy has proven to work well
– GPS Locations are Accurate.
– You can install on iPhone without jailbreak.
Keylogger is Great.
Although browsing history is not recorded, but you can still see the sites visited, read the message sent, even passwords by using the keylogger.
Video mSpy Reviews & Features Tour
watch on Youtube: mSpy: Reviews, Features Tour & Coupon
mSpy is Worth to Buy.
The mSpy application can be used for monitoring your children or your employee activities on their android phone. You can monitor all activities as well as the location of the target’s phone.
The keylogger is a very good feature to know all that has been typed by the phone users.
Fast and responsive Team Support is another reason why you should pick the mSpy. If you have any problems in using the mSpy, you can contact the support team via 24/7 live chat. mAssistance can also be an alternative of help. With only $37.99, mSpy team will assist you on installing and setting mSpy on your android phone.
All of the reviews above are made based on facts and personal experience after trying using the mSpy application. I am just an mSpy user and not entitled to mSpy in any matter.
Black Friday 2017 SALE: 30% OFF mSpy Premium, 20% OFF mSpy Basic & 10% OFF mSpy Bundle. Click here…