Many of us get the file document from internet in form of PDF file, and we want to edit that document in some cases.
PDF is a type of file which is commonly used to send a document. It is aimed to protect the document from being edited or change by itself because of certain case, either from its content or its display format.
PDF file is usually produced by converting the DOC file to PDF file.
So how to edit existing PDF files with keeping layout and font document?
- Open PDF Files with Word (Ms. Office 2013)
- Convert it to Ms. Word files first.
- Editing directly from PDF file.
3 Ways to Edit the Existing PDF files:
1. Open PDF Files with Word 2013
Word 2013 has features PDF Reflow for open and edit PDF Files.
Only right click on PDF Files and choose Open with Word.
Cons: Document elements that don’t convert well
PDF Reflow doesn’t handle some elements well, including:
- Tables with cell spacing
- Page colors and page borders
- Tracked changes
- Footnotes that span more than one page
- Audio, video, and PDF active elements
- PDF bookmarks
- PDF tags
- PDF comments
- Font effects, like Glow or Shadow (in the Word file, the effects are represented by graphics)
2. Convert it to Ms. Word files first.
Use a PDF converter tool to import your PDF into an Office file format, make your changes, and then save the file in PDF format again.
The first step is to convert the PDF file to Ms. Word format. There are many free softwares or paid software that can be used to convert the PDF file to Word.
As many people know, Ms. Word format can be easily edited by using Ms. Word Software. After you finish the editing, you can use that edited Ms. Word document to be converted to PDF file.
There are some cons in editing PDF file by converting it first to Ms. Word format:
- It requires long time. It is because you need to convert from PDF to Word and then reconvert it again to PDF file. You need 2 times of process of conversion and it tends to take long time. Moreover if your document has many pages, of course it will take longer time to convert.
- The Format Display is changing. There is no problem if your PDF file has a simple paragraph style. But how about if your PDF document contains header, column, table and form? Many of those style of PDF documents when it is converted to Word format will have a significant changing in the form of display format.
Free PDF converter to Word files service:
But, Both of them doesn’t support PDF has password protection.
3. Editing directly from PDF file.
Directly editing the PDF file is usually used to:
- Comment and annotate
- Editing text: Adding, deleting or changing the text in PDF file’s document.
- Replace the image: Delete or add the image.
- Fill on the form in PDF format.
PDFescape: Free service for PDF file editing.
I have tried to find the softwares which can be used to edit the document file for free and I find PDFescape.
PDFescape is an online web-based PDF editor. You don’t need to download and install it, you only need to register and login by using your e-mail.
- PDFescape limitations: You only can add text or image but cannot edit/delele existing text or image. So, PDFescape only suitable for filling PDF form.
- The guarantee of secrecy and privacy of document. I don’t really know about the guarantee of the secrecy and the privacy of the document which has been uploaded on online service such as Nitro PDF online or PDFescape.
In my opinion, if the file is not a confidential document, you can use PDFescape as the alternative. But if PDF document is a confidential and important, it is better to not using the online PDF editor.
ABBYY PDF Transformer+: All in One PDF Solutions.
If you are working in office, of course everyday you will find a document which should be made and sent through e-mail. Sometimes you also should edit the existing the PDF document.
ABBYY PDF Transformer+ is software which has all features which you need to finish your work.
Here are some features from ABBYY PDF Transformer+:
- Convert PDF file to other format. Convert the PDF file into Word, Excel, Power Point, Html and Epub, and it produces a display format which is slightly similar with its original document.
- Convert all types of file into PDF. You can convert any document format and compile it into single PDF format.
- Combine PDF Files. Combine 2 or more PDF files into single PDF file.
- Edit Existing PDF Files. Edit PDF file without changing the layout display, column and font style used in the original document. The edited PDF will have the same format with its original document.
- Convert PDF into Searchable PDF. PDF Transformer support ocr software so you can convert PDF scanned document into searchable PDF Files.
Table Price Comparison of paid-PDF Editor:
|PDFescape||Free||No guarantee of security for the uploaded documents|
|Acrobat XI Pro||$14.99||Per month|
|Nitro Pro v9||$139.99||Lifetime|
|Foxit PhantomPDF Standard||$89.00||Lifetime|
|ABBYY PDF Transformer+||$69.99||Lifetime|
What Best Software to Edit PDF Files?
Best way to edit PDF Files is using ABBYY PDF Transformer+.
You can edit PDF files directly or convert it to Ms. Word without harming the display format like the column and the table. You can edit PDF document without necessarily install Adobe Acrobat reader.
Besides, ABBY PDF Transformer+ has a cheapest price; $69.99 for lifetime license. You also can get the discount 30% off (only $39.99) by using ABBY Transformer+ Coupon Code.
P.S 30% OFF ABBYY PDF Transformer+, Today Only! $39.99, Normally $69.99